Friday, October 21, 2011

In Which I'm latte, aren't I?

Heh heh, pretty cute, eh?

This morning I am drinking the chilled remains of yesterday's Caramel and Vanilla Latte (This is what I order at places which do not sell Perc Place par Caramel Machiattos), while thinking generally that I have a perfectly good blog I have not been using. It always shames me a little to fail at posting regularly; it's the same feeling I would get last year when I would reschedule a Behind the Wheel lesson only to miss it a second time because I don't have a way to get there (Man, but I am so glad I have my liscense and don't have to deal with that anymore).

Moving along: there's a sort of difficult balance in keeping a good blog. Life is all about balancing. However, if there is one rule that must be followed in order to have a good Reading for Anyone Who Stumbles Along Blog, it is (in my humble opinion) this: 

Only publish things that other people can benefit from.

(Damn, this latte is good cold)
Ah hem- In other words, if it will not make people smile or if there is no lesson people can apply to their own lives, said people will probably not read your blog. As an example, I once published a lengthy post of my trip to Irishfest with my boyfriend. No one but me was interested. If I had turned that post into an amusing and/or suspensful story, people would have liked it better, and heck, I probably would have too. People will not want to read my "diary entries" unless they are thought provoking and entertaining.

In summation, (because my Acting class starts soon), I am going to try following my own advice and actually get back on schedule with this blog, posting things that other people besides me can enjoy. 

1 comment:

Katie Marie said...

Well, I like reading about people's boring days. And trips to Irishfest. So there.